Today I dropped off two electronic pieces at Best Buy to be recycled. I'm not sure of the iMac's age, but it could be eight years old. The cassette player (dual deck), well do I really need to say anything more? It was nice to get rid of these relics at no charge. The concern came when they asked me to keep my hard drive, which they removed, because of liability. According to my tech guru friend, the main hazardous concerns would be in the monitor, but I really wanted to feel it was all being recycled. Now my hard drive will be in the ground contaminating ground water and taking up space. Maybe I need to look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Two electronics have been saved from the dumpster and landfill because of Best Buy's program. Oh, I'm sure they are getting something in return (glass half empty), but it's definitely worth it (glass half full?).
Today I dropped off two electronic pieces at Best Buy to be recycled. I'm not sure of the iMac's age, but it could be eight years old. The cassette player (dual deck), well do I really need to say anything more? It was nice to get rid of these relics at no charge. The concern came when they asked me to keep my hard drive, which they removed, because of liability. According to my tech guru friend, the main hazardous concerns would be in the monitor, but I really wanted to feel it was all being recycled. Now my hard drive will be in the ground contaminating ground water and taking up space. Maybe I need to look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Two electronics have been saved from the dumpster and landfill because of Best Buy's program. Oh, I'm sure they are getting something in return (glass half empty), but it's definitely worth it (glass half full?).
Comments