The answer to the two questions I have received lately is no! No, I am not excited about moving, and no, I am not having fun. I realize these feelings will change when I'm in my new place, my own place, but for now the answer remains a firm no.
Maybe this isn't fair because I did have fun picking out furniture, so I need to carry this with me as I look for appliances. Although I have knowledge on the topic, everything seems expensive. This morning (and last night) I spent quite a bit of time online trying to decide. If I took my sofa and chair shopping experience as a model, I would quit looking online and get out to stores to look, but I am comfortable in front of my computer without pressure. As I was looking over stuff (again) this morning, I became a bit stressed (mini meltdown). I called my dad with questions. After he consulted a former employee and listened to me, he volunteered to come help (or did I ask?). He is incredible. This evening he will arrive (with the painting supplies I forgot when I was home earlier in the month), and tomorrow we will go look at appliances.
My other difficulty is packing. Many times I have laughed (not necessarily a big belly laugh but close) at my brother as he becomes tense about packing and moving. He is meticulous with boxing items and labeling them. When I talked to him last night he wanted to know what my apartment looked like assuming I had started the packing process. I really don't want to pack my stuff in boxes since I am moving two miles although realistically this probably isn't possible. Using cardboard boxes to move seems time consuming and wasteful. Instead of starting and not worrying about it, I have decided to ignore it. One of these days I will actually get started and get boxes (Do I really need to?) from the liquor store. Today it is too much... too, too much.
Since I can have choices in life, I decided to ignore packing and appliances and indulge in the sun. After turning of the computer, I grabbed my swimsuit, sunscreen, and book. Instead of stewing in front of the computer or in front of my many moving lists, I went to N's and read on her deck. In less than a month this stress will be a memory, and I'll have my own deck.
Maybe this isn't fair because I did have fun picking out furniture, so I need to carry this with me as I look for appliances. Although I have knowledge on the topic, everything seems expensive. This morning (and last night) I spent quite a bit of time online trying to decide. If I took my sofa and chair shopping experience as a model, I would quit looking online and get out to stores to look, but I am comfortable in front of my computer without pressure. As I was looking over stuff (again) this morning, I became a bit stressed (mini meltdown). I called my dad with questions. After he consulted a former employee and listened to me, he volunteered to come help (or did I ask?). He is incredible. This evening he will arrive (with the painting supplies I forgot when I was home earlier in the month), and tomorrow we will go look at appliances.
My other difficulty is packing. Many times I have laughed (not necessarily a big belly laugh but close) at my brother as he becomes tense about packing and moving. He is meticulous with boxing items and labeling them. When I talked to him last night he wanted to know what my apartment looked like assuming I had started the packing process. I really don't want to pack my stuff in boxes since I am moving two miles although realistically this probably isn't possible. Using cardboard boxes to move seems time consuming and wasteful. Instead of starting and not worrying about it, I have decided to ignore it. One of these days I will actually get started and get boxes (Do I really need to?) from the liquor store. Today it is too much... too, too much.
Since I can have choices in life, I decided to ignore packing and appliances and indulge in the sun. After turning of the computer, I grabbed my swimsuit, sunscreen, and book. Instead of stewing in front of the computer or in front of my many moving lists, I went to N's and read on her deck. In less than a month this stress will be a memory, and I'll have my own deck.
Comments