When there is no room left on stone
To write the wrong
Or spell the sin
Who will name the dead?
- John Cory
Memorial Day is a day to celebrate our troops and those who have gone before us. I will admit I'm not super patriotic. I don't wear a lapel pin. Memorial Day is as much the beginning of summer and a three day weekend as it is remembering those I should remember. My weekend has been full of doing mundane tasks, partying with friends, cooking out, and sleeping. During this weekend, I, however, have thought about the war, our troops, loved ones lost, etc. Many, including myself are opposed to the war as many were opposed to the Vietnam "conflict." It doesn't mean we are not supportive of the troops and their struggles. May wisdom and peace change the current times, and may we learn from past mistakes instead of repeating them.
John Cory says it much better than I in this poem and article.
To write the wrong
Or spell the sin
Who will name the dead?
- John Cory
Memorial Day is a day to celebrate our troops and those who have gone before us. I will admit I'm not super patriotic. I don't wear a lapel pin. Memorial Day is as much the beginning of summer and a three day weekend as it is remembering those I should remember. My weekend has been full of doing mundane tasks, partying with friends, cooking out, and sleeping. During this weekend, I, however, have thought about the war, our troops, loved ones lost, etc. Many, including myself are opposed to the war as many were opposed to the Vietnam "conflict." It doesn't mean we are not supportive of the troops and their struggles. May wisdom and peace change the current times, and may we learn from past mistakes instead of repeating them.
John Cory says it much better than I in this poem and article.
Comments