This morning I woke up to turbo allergies and went in search of tissue (Puffs with Vicks). Rainbow didn't have the Vicks Puffs, so I went to Walgreens. Walgreens also didn't have any, so I went to Kowalski's. Kowalkski's had them. I actually felt so horrible that I looked at the pastry selection twice and didn't buy anything. One of our more boisterous students had her own box of Vicks Puffs. A colleague was talking about the smell of Vicks in his class. I'm fairly sure he wasn't impressed with the fact that I was late for school today on my quest for the same item.
Today I mentioned the word sex (as in male or female not as in having sex) in my honors class, and two boys couldn't stop laughing. Did I mention they were immature? Of course the more mature girls gave them the look of "sex, something you'll never have!"
This evening I went to Chipotle for a burrito. Should I be concerned that the guy was able to make my burrito without asking me what I wanted? He gave each ingredient to test his knowledge, and he was correct. Do I eat at Chipotle too much? Maybe he works too much!
Currently I am reading An Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes in New England. It is a little mystery and a little humor neither genre is a favorite of mine. As I read, every once in awhile I do, however, find a line that makes me laugh or think. These two lines made me laugh.
p. 172 "... confidence ages you, but confusion keeps you young..." Oh, I must be young!
p. 177 speaking about a drunk at the party... "...and had a nose that might have been Rudolph's had Rudolph been a boxer-- a bad one."
Today I mentioned the word sex (as in male or female not as in having sex) in my honors class, and two boys couldn't stop laughing. Did I mention they were immature? Of course the more mature girls gave them the look of "sex, something you'll never have!"
This evening I went to Chipotle for a burrito. Should I be concerned that the guy was able to make my burrito without asking me what I wanted? He gave each ingredient to test his knowledge, and he was correct. Do I eat at Chipotle too much? Maybe he works too much!
Currently I am reading An Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes in New England. It is a little mystery and a little humor neither genre is a favorite of mine. As I read, every once in awhile I do, however, find a line that makes me laugh or think. These two lines made me laugh.
p. 172 "... confidence ages you, but confusion keeps you young..." Oh, I must be young!
p. 177 speaking about a drunk at the party... "...and had a nose that might have been Rudolph's had Rudolph been a boxer-- a bad one."
Comments