The first morning session on reflective teaching was average. It did help me realize I am burdened with the anxiety of a work e-mail I received yesterday after the conference. I need to "...get the mind/brain waves to stop jumping to or responding from a place of anxiety or stress." Because of this e-mail I am experiencing stress and frustration. My decision to reply Monday was meant to ensure a professional response. Instead it is burdening my weekend. Although I don't know how to "let go," I need to not only wait to respond, but I need to clear my mind of its garbage.
BTW-- and of course I realize this is not helping with my clear mind-- I have been assigned the job of co-chairing a committee with perhaps "the last person" on staff I would personally choose. I am also confident both administrators are aware of this. My weekend is filled with thoughts of resigning my leadership responsibility, the financial gains it brings, and my ability to bring a new viewpoint "to the table."
BTW-- and of course I realize this is not helping with my clear mind-- I have been assigned the job of co-chairing a committee with perhaps "the last person" on staff I would personally choose. I am also confident both administrators are aware of this. My weekend is filled with thoughts of resigning my leadership responsibility, the financial gains it brings, and my ability to bring a new viewpoint "to the table."
Comments