I volunteered to help with the afternoon/evening portion of community meals because the person that typically helps with the coordination and afternoon work is a "snow bird." Last week I asked when she was going to return. My real question being, "Do I really have to work this week's community meal as well as next week's community meal?" J replied that she had talked to "snow bird" who wouldn't be home until the end of April. She also mentioned that "snow bird" had suggested me to fill her position as a way to "suck you in." I considered this an April Fool's joke yet mentioned I would fill in when needed. Today as we were going through the afternoon rituals, J said, "I thought you were 34." I responded by telling her that although it was a great way to "suck me in," I only wanted to fill in when needed.
BTW- Today/tonight was crazy. I was literally on my feet from 1-6:30. The volunteers and guests always amaze me... wonderful, wonderful people.
BTW- Today/tonight was crazy. I was literally on my feet from 1-6:30. The volunteers and guests always amaze me... wonderful, wonderful people.
Comments