Sunday I spent much of Easter rubbing my eye. Monday I went to the school nurse to talk to her about my itchy eye. She said I probably had pink eye and discussed treatment. During lunch I went to urgent care to see the doctor who gave me the same information as the school nurse. He, however, was able to give me a prescription for eye drops. I told him the same thing I told the school nurse, "Do you have anything else? I can't put drops in my eyes." Actually I was more honest with the nurse and told her it would take two people to get drops in my eyes. He was very kind about the situation and gave me a hint about getting the drops in my eyes. When I returned to school, J gave me the same hint since it's what works with her five year old.
Last night I successfully followed the advice and was able to put drops in my eyes twice. Dad, who left today, was disappointed he missed the second time since he was able to watch my first try. Today I've been able to do the same task three times although it is much more difficult to put drops in the left eye.
In reality, pink eye has always been a great fear since I've always known if I contracted pink eye, I would never be able to get rid of it. Alas I was wrong. I can put drops in my eyes. I'm a big girl now!!! Yea me!! OK, it's time to put drops in my eyes, so I need to grab the drops and Puffs.
Last night I successfully followed the advice and was able to put drops in my eyes twice. Dad, who left today, was disappointed he missed the second time since he was able to watch my first try. Today I've been able to do the same task three times although it is much more difficult to put drops in the left eye.
In reality, pink eye has always been a great fear since I've always known if I contracted pink eye, I would never be able to get rid of it. Alas I was wrong. I can put drops in my eyes. I'm a big girl now!!! Yea me!! OK, it's time to put drops in my eyes, so I need to grab the drops and Puffs.
Comments