
Brett Favre held a press conference today to speak about his retirement. It was emotional for him and me. Why was it emotional for me? I don't really know, but at times I felt tears well up in my eyes.
Here are my favorite quotes from the press conference transcript:
*"I promised I wouldn't get emotional ... it's never easy ... you know, it's funny, I've watched hundreds of players retire, and you wonder what that would be like ... you think you're prepared..."
* "I hope that every penny ... I hope that every penny that they've spent on me, they know was money well-spent."
*"As I look back on my career, no regrets. No regrets, whatsoever."
*"I can't leave without saying thank you to the fans. When I laughed and when my family laughed, they laughed. When I cried, they cried. When I cheered, they cheered. When I threw an interception, well, you know."
* "...But one play, one game, one season doesn't define me."
Gratitudes:
1) a fairly easy day of work
2) creative minds
3) watching the Brett Favre press conference during prep
Comments
Of course life will go on but it won't be the same. Good luck to him and Deanna! And Thanks for all the memories and showing us real people are amazing!