Last night I e-mailed our school's tech guru to see if I would be able to use my computer at today's morning (8 to 11:30) meeting (lecture). She informed me the building had a long and complex password that I would need. I decided to take my computer and hope someone would share the password. My seat (last row) was perfect (thanks J). People around me were online, so I figured it would be easy to use the wireless network. After asking two people in the back row adjacent to me, I still didn't have the password (it's on their computer... they didn't know it), so I decided to ask someone in the office. The first two people in the office didn't know. The next two people in the office didn't know. Finally I received the name of two people (in the auditorium) who would know. Since I didn't know either of these two people, it wasn't helpful.
I needed someone to help. The secretary asked the school principal if he knew where they were, and the three of us proceeded to the auditorium to find the keeper of the password. To my amazement the principal took me directly to the keeper, smiled, and told me to have a good day! My principal would have been irritated that I planned on using my computer during the lecture instead of taking notes or something. Next the keeper followed me to my seat in the back with his jumpdrive (password), I was online!
I probably sit better and pay more attention when I can browse the internet and mess around (right J?). Life was good until my battery went dead...
Gratitudes:
1) the back row
2) LA colleagues-- good ideas and conversation
3) Apple Store
I needed someone to help. The secretary asked the school principal if he knew where they were, and the three of us proceeded to the auditorium to find the keeper of the password. To my amazement the principal took me directly to the keeper, smiled, and told me to have a good day! My principal would have been irritated that I planned on using my computer during the lecture instead of taking notes or something. Next the keeper followed me to my seat in the back with his jumpdrive (password), I was online!
I probably sit better and pay more attention when I can browse the internet and mess around (right J?). Life was good until my battery went dead...
Gratitudes:
1) the back row
2) LA colleagues-- good ideas and conversation
3) Apple Store
Comments
Lots of surfing next lecture
J:)