Yesterday I finished The Memory of Old Jack. I've been carrying this book around since December and barely tolerating the story. While I waited for Obama yesterday I read for an extended period of time, and it became tolerable. Intent on handing the book off today at church (It's a book for my church book club.), I finished it last night. The lady whom I had promised the book was gone, but another lady asked if I enjoyed it. In all honesty I answered, "Not really." She was somewhat shocked.
The back of the book has the following quote from The New York Times Book Review: "Few novelist treat both their characters and their readers with the kind of respect that Wendell Berry displays..." Am I missing something?
The back of the book has the following quote from The New York Times Book Review: "Few novelist treat both their characters and their readers with the kind of respect that Wendell Berry displays..." Am I missing something?
Comments