As soon as Barack Obama announced he was going to be at the Target Center, I went online to reserve a ticket. Friday afternoon I gave it to S (for her roommate) because I really didn't have time to go (lesson plans for next week, typical weekend errands/chores, and the Community Meal). After thinking I about it Friday evening, I called S and said, "If your roommate changes her mind, I think I would like to go." Since S is super sweet, she walked the ticket back to me.
Today I left early (12:15) to stand in line thinking 20,000 people would be a long line. Honestly I thought since the doors opened at 1:30 that Obama would start talking at 2:30... WRONG. It was a good thing I budged in line (I only stood in line for a little over an hour... I moved my self from the end to the front 1/4th) and b) had a book to read (It's a poor to average book, but it was something to read). Obama started talking (As planned, how was I to know?) at 4:15. He spoke for a little over an hour.
Much of his speech was the same, but since I saw him before the Iowa caucus, it had changed. I liked it when he said he was a "hope monger." The more I see and listen to the debates, the more I know that Obama is the candidate for me.
Today he mentioned that his senate desk was Wellstone's desk. It's horrible, but I prayed that he wouldn't have the same fate. He also mentioned working with Edwards to fight poverty. Have I mentioned the Obama/Edwards ticket? He didn't, but I still can "hope." Remember the "What Would Wellstone Do" bumper stickers? Who would Wellstone want in the White House? Obama/Edwards!
Although I wasn't as close to Obama in the Target Center as I was in Iowa, I'm satisfied with my seat (111 row L??) and my pictures.
Comments