Dad had his surgery today. Although he just told me the day "flew by" for him, I'm not sure that I could say the same. The surgeon originally told Dad that surgery would be three to five hours. Today when I was quizzing the surgeon (good looking and only a little younger than me?), he said it would be two to three hours. I'm fairly sure he told me that to make me feel better about the wait since we had already been at the hospital two hours before the surgery started. Surgery was four hours.
Basically I had the waiting area to myself. I was able to finish Infidel, the March Sun Magazine, one-fourth of Atonement, and paint my nails. Wireless internet wasn't available in the waiting room, but it was available when he was taken to a room after surgery. Although I was only waiting, it seems like a long day, I'm tired.
The block is still working, but Dad seems to be doing well. We'll see what tomorrow brings when the block is no longer working.
Gratitudes:
1) wonderful doctor and nurses
2) Dad came out of anesthesia well.
3) many people calling to check on Dad
Basically I had the waiting area to myself. I was able to finish Infidel, the March Sun Magazine, one-fourth of Atonement, and paint my nails. Wireless internet wasn't available in the waiting room, but it was available when he was taken to a room after surgery. Although I was only waiting, it seems like a long day, I'm tired.
The block is still working, but Dad seems to be doing well. We'll see what tomorrow brings when the block is no longer working.
Gratitudes:
1) wonderful doctor and nurses
2) Dad came out of anesthesia well.
3) many people calling to check on Dad
Comments