I finished editing the YA book for my colleague (at least what he had finished). The book was enjoyable, and I actually am excited to find out how it ends. When I gave the book back this morning, I couldn't help but mention my frustrations with his starting sentences with coordinating conjunctions (and, so, but, etc.). Trying to be diplomatic, I mentioned my understanding of it being a stylistic decision. When I teach writing in seventh grade, I spend a lot of time explaining that these words are used for combining not as sentences starters. Students often say that _______ author starts his/her sentences with these words, and I reply that when they get published it will be OK but not at this point. After I explained this to my colleague, I think he understood. He may not change it, but I think I made him think.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments