Yesterday I had the opportunity to see former President Bill Clinton fifteen miles from my father's home. Do you remember the times of peace and prosperity? I think of the damage Bush has done and wonder what was the big deal about Monica Lewinsky.
I found him engaging, charismatic, intelligent, graceful, articulate, humorous...
As I did when I saw Hillary, Edwards, and Obama, I took notes, but I found nothing I disagreed with as he spoke. I do believe all three candidates have similar ideas and focus. For some reason I trust Bill more (way more) than I do Hillary. Unlike Hillary, he was smart enough to say, "if you nominate her..." Hillary seemed to believe she already had the nomination. He also used the line, "You're laughing, but you know it's true." One of the more humorous lines was when he was talking about "getting lost" as the President and what it's like to be President. While talking about situations such as always entering the room to music (Hail to the Chief) and riding in a famous plane ("They make movies about it."), he said, "You live in the best public housing in America." Laughing we were, but we were also serious. If Hillary and Bill are still sharing a bed, I think he could guide her as president. I still believe in Obama as my first choice, but I do believe Edwards, Hillary, and Obama will start the needed change in this country.
When I went to see Obama, my brother asked me if he was like a "rock star." Bill Clinton is like a Rock Star!!
Comments