In Bush’s Last Year, Modest Domestic Aims
By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: November 24, 2007
WASHINGTON, Nov. 23 — As President Bush looks toward his final year in office, with Democrats controlling Congress and his major domestic initiatives dead on Capitol Hill, he is shifting his agenda to what aides call “kitchen table issues” — small ideas that affect ordinary people’s lives and do not take an act of Congress to put in place.
My first reaction is that he's going to F--- with the middle class a little more before he leaves.
I will admit that I didn't read the entire article and stopped at this point, but this is scary and hilarious all at the same time. The scary part is that Bush is going to "affect ordinary people's lives" without getting the OK from Congress. Afterall that's what that says, right? The hilarious part is that he's been doing this for a little over seven years. Oh, that's scary too... no humor. Should I talk about the term "Kitchen Table Issues?"
By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: November 24, 2007
WASHINGTON, Nov. 23 — As President Bush looks toward his final year in office, with Democrats controlling Congress and his major domestic initiatives dead on Capitol Hill, he is shifting his agenda to what aides call “kitchen table issues” — small ideas that affect ordinary people’s lives and do not take an act of Congress to put in place.
My first reaction is that he's going to F--- with the middle class a little more before he leaves.
I will admit that I didn't read the entire article and stopped at this point, but this is scary and hilarious all at the same time. The scary part is that Bush is going to "affect ordinary people's lives" without getting the OK from Congress. Afterall that's what that says, right? The hilarious part is that he's been doing this for a little over seven years. Oh, that's scary too... no humor. Should I talk about the term "Kitchen Table Issues?"
Comments