Saturday evening the idiot light for tire pressure appeared on my dashboard. Dad checked the pressure Saturday night, added a few pounds of air, and checked the pressure again Sunday morning before I left. Over the evening it went down two pounds. Today I took the car to the Toyota dealership to get the leak fixed. $145 dollars later I have three tires cleaned out (nails, staples, etc.) and one new tire. At lunch I asked for donations (zero dollars donated). A colleague asked why I needed a new tire. When I told him the hole was too close to the sidewall, he said I could get someone to fix it. This is my problem with car ownership. I would rather spend more money to feel safe rather than saving money. Maybe it's crazy to get a new tire, but I have no skills changing tires. $145 is worth not standing on the side of the road making a call to AAA.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments
Hope that makes you feel better!
Katie