Since I thought my last post (I Miss Iowa) was too long and people had given up reading, I decided a Part II was important. It is, after all, the Part II that truly started my missing Iowa.
The presidential candidates are "stumping"(what does that word mean? taking out tree stumps? J- hee hee) in Iowa again this weekend. Barack Obama is in New Hampton, a small town which I think I've actually driven through in the middle of Iowa. Although I never remember Iowa being liberal or remember the candidates coming through with such prowess, I miss it. Maybe I don't remember because I honestly didn't vote until I was in Minnesota which had as much to do with my maturity as it did with Minnesota. Before you gasp, I didn't vote because I a) wasn't informed and b) didn't think my vote counted. This really doesn't seem so stupid after the last presidential election now does it???
Anyway, Barack Obama is in Iowa and some freaky fanatic from Denver (the state, not Denver, Iowa) asks him how people can be in such an uproar about Michael Vick killing dogs yet not be in an uproar about abortion and the killing of babies. Obama handled the question with common sense and reality mentioning unwanted babies, etc. It is worth clicking on the link and reading the article. As you wonder, how this can make me homesick for Iowa, remember the lunatic asking the question was from Denver. I would love to be in Iowa and be able to listen to all of the candidates (Democratic) as they went to real small town meetings and events.
If the link doesn't work, it is typed in below.
http://thecaucus.blohttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifgs.nytimes.com
/2007/10/06/obama-explores-abortion-issue/index.html?ex=1349409600&en=87368
e4b482089d1&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
The presidential candidates are "stumping"(what does that word mean? taking out tree stumps? J- hee hee) in Iowa again this weekend. Barack Obama is in New Hampton, a small town which I think I've actually driven through in the middle of Iowa. Although I never remember Iowa being liberal or remember the candidates coming through with such prowess, I miss it. Maybe I don't remember because I honestly didn't vote until I was in Minnesota which had as much to do with my maturity as it did with Minnesota. Before you gasp, I didn't vote because I a) wasn't informed and b) didn't think my vote counted. This really doesn't seem so stupid after the last presidential election now does it???
Anyway, Barack Obama is in Iowa and some freaky fanatic from Denver (the state, not Denver, Iowa) asks him how people can be in such an uproar about Michael Vick killing dogs yet not be in an uproar about abortion and the killing of babies. Obama handled the question with common sense and reality mentioning unwanted babies, etc. It is worth clicking on the link and reading the article. As you wonder, how this can make me homesick for Iowa, remember the lunatic asking the question was from Denver. I would love to be in Iowa and be able to listen to all of the candidates (Democratic) as they went to real small town meetings and events.
If the link doesn't work, it is typed in below.
http://thecaucus.blohttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifgs.nytimes.com
/2007/10/06/obama-explores-abortion-issue/index.html?ex=1349409600&en=87368
e4b482089d1&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss
Comments