A collection of Mother Teresa's letters have been published in a book called "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light." One focus of the book is her "darkness." It seems she often felt an absence of Jesus. Mother Teresa wanted her letters destroyed upon her death. My guess is she kept them to remind her of her struggles and her spirituality. Obviously she trusted that they would indeed be destroyed. I am a bit appalled that the same person who claims to have her interest in mind, as he pushes for her sainthood, would be the same person to publish the letters. Obviously this man is not saint.
Although I am disgusted by the invasion of Mother Teresa's privacy, I might read the book. I would read the book because I think Mother Teresa is a saint. Questioning is part of spiritual growth. Reading these letters would probably also bring spiritual growth. This is a book I would, however, definitely get from the public library instead of helping the author's financial gain. Maybe everyone planning to read this book should do the same.
Although I am disgusted by the invasion of Mother Teresa's privacy, I might read the book. I would read the book because I think Mother Teresa is a saint. Questioning is part of spiritual growth. Reading these letters would probably also bring spiritual growth. This is a book I would, however, definitely get from the public library instead of helping the author's financial gain. Maybe everyone planning to read this book should do the same.
Comments