This week I have ignored the 90/90 rule. My 90/90 rule is if it is 90º outside or inside, I will turn on the AC. Both Monday and Tuesday qualified for the 90/90 rule, but I kept thinking it will cool down at night. After all it is September, how long could the 90s last? Today I decided to turn on the AC even though it is supposed to cool down tomorrow. I'm not sleeping well at night because of the heat, and I'm exhausted.
How tired am I? At 4:25 I decided to take a nap. I set my alarm fro 5:05, so I could make it to book club on time. When I awoke (to the alarm), I brushed my teeth and grabbed my stuff for book club. As I pulled out of my drive, I noticed fire trucks on both ends of my block (28th and the alley directly to the south of my bedroom, where I was napping, window). Confused at which way to go, I looked for guidance from the fireman. He waved me towards the north. Since I was still a bit confused, I stopped to talk to him as I was passing the truck parked perpendicular blocking the street.
"Did you come in with sirens?" I asked.
"Yes m'am." We came in with five trucks, all with sirens," he politely replied.
"Oh, I must have slept through it," I sheepishly added.
Seriously, how could I nap through five fire trucks yet awake to my alarm. When I returned from book club, most of the trucks, if not all, where still in my neighborhood. It seems the house kitty-corner (sp>) from my building. Directly across the street is an empty lot; next to the empty lot is the house in question. It was actually a gas problem (freon from a 1927 refrigerator... long story), and there was no flame. Realizing there was no flame, I still think five fire trucks should have released me from my deep sleep.
How tired am I? At 4:25 I decided to take a nap. I set my alarm fro 5:05, so I could make it to book club on time. When I awoke (to the alarm), I brushed my teeth and grabbed my stuff for book club. As I pulled out of my drive, I noticed fire trucks on both ends of my block (28th and the alley directly to the south of my bedroom, where I was napping, window). Confused at which way to go, I looked for guidance from the fireman. He waved me towards the north. Since I was still a bit confused, I stopped to talk to him as I was passing the truck parked perpendicular blocking the street.
"Did you come in with sirens?" I asked.
"Yes m'am." We came in with five trucks, all with sirens," he politely replied.
"Oh, I must have slept through it," I sheepishly added.
Seriously, how could I nap through five fire trucks yet awake to my alarm. When I returned from book club, most of the trucks, if not all, where still in my neighborhood. It seems the house kitty-corner (sp>) from my building. Directly across the street is an empty lot; next to the empty lot is the house in question. It was actually a gas problem (freon from a 1927 refrigerator... long story), and there was no flame. Realizing there was no flame, I still think five fire trucks should have released me from my deep sleep.
Comments
MC