Lately I became quite frustrated with the large number of LA textbooks that take up storage. These are books that are not touched by students. When we purchased these textbooks, I indicated that perhaps we were ordering too many books, but it was a district decision. Wednesday I saw the district curriculum person in the office and asked if I could get rid of (sell) the extra books. Of course she wanted to make sure I had enough extras... She told me she would contact someone at the district. I took it upon myself to e-mail her and the district contact. Did I mention the district contact is a friend's mom who takes care of me? This wonderful lady (obviously not the curriculum person) sent me a contact. Unfortunately she also copied my principal whom I had not yet approached.
M- I have done something wrong.
P- Oh, the odds makers will be off (sarcasm)
M- I mean I didn't follow the proper protocol.
P- Once again, the odds makers are not doing well.
M- Did you get the e-mail from M about selling the texts?
P- Where do you think the money should go?
M- LA department
P- Sell them.
After leaving his office, I e-mailed the contact and told him I had 87 7th grade LA textbooks (with the IBSN). I also went and talked to the eighth grade LA teachers to see if they had more textbooks. Later that evening I received an e-mail from the contact. He wanted to stop by Friday. I left a voice mail for him.
Yesterday (Friday) he came to school to look at the books. Honestly I would have been happy with a dollar for each book to get rid of them. I showed him the books (80+ 7th and 80+ 8th). He came, boxed them up, and left a check for $1500! I don't remember the last time we actually had money in the LA budget to buy anything besides copies. We can actually get some novels.
Sometimes I am money savvy.
M- I have done something wrong.
P- Oh, the odds makers will be off (sarcasm)
M- I mean I didn't follow the proper protocol.
P- Once again, the odds makers are not doing well.
M- Did you get the e-mail from M about selling the texts?
P- Where do you think the money should go?
M- LA department
P- Sell them.
After leaving his office, I e-mailed the contact and told him I had 87 7th grade LA textbooks (with the IBSN). I also went and talked to the eighth grade LA teachers to see if they had more textbooks. Later that evening I received an e-mail from the contact. He wanted to stop by Friday. I left a voice mail for him.
Yesterday (Friday) he came to school to look at the books. Honestly I would have been happy with a dollar for each book to get rid of them. I showed him the books (80+ 7th and 80+ 8th). He came, boxed them up, and left a check for $1500! I don't remember the last time we actually had money in the LA budget to buy anything besides copies. We can actually get some novels.
Sometimes I am money savvy.
Comments