Today was our half day fishing trip in Homer. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we found Max (the dog that barks at whales... none today) and his owner Art through Rainbow Charters. We had to move three times before we found halibut. Dad caught more fish than I did. He caught three cod, three sharks, and three halibut. Since the halibut limit is two and the other fish get thrown back in, he ended up with two halibut. I caught two cod, one shark, and two halibut. By luck my halibut were larger than Dad's. The guide mentioned that people who know little or nothing about fishing tend to have an easier time; that's me! After a half day of fishing my shoes and socks were wet, so I bought a pair of boots to wear on Friday for our full day salmon/halibut trip. Our clothes smell like fish, so we are at the laundromat (Washboard) washing jackets and shoes.
Today was our half day fishing trip in Homer. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we found Max (the dog that barks at whales... none today) and his owner Art through Rainbow Charters. We had to move three times before we found halibut. Dad caught more fish than I did. He caught three cod, three sharks, and three halibut. Since the halibut limit is two and the other fish get thrown back in, he ended up with two halibut. I caught two cod, one shark, and two halibut. By luck my halibut were larger than Dad's. The guide mentioned that people who know little or nothing about fishing tend to have an easier time; that's me! After a half day of fishing my shoes and socks were wet, so I bought a pair of boots to wear on Friday for our full day salmon/halibut trip. Our clothes smell like fish, so we are at the laundromat (Washboard) washing jackets and shoes.
Comments