I woke up this morning from a teacher dream. In my experience teacher dreams typically come at the beginning of school year not with a week to go. The dream started with me sending a student to the "think table." This student's behavior worsened, so I sent him to the quiet room. He refused to go and the QR attendant was called. While in my room retrieving this student, I sent three more boys with him who were rapping and had refused to stop. The QR administrator asked me if I really wanted to send the kids out stating it might hurt me more than it hurt them. I explained I wanted them out or the dean could come try to teach the class with the disruptions of these four students. Next a janitor comes to work on my white board and proceeds to cut off the bottom of my posters which hang on the board. I ask him to move them instead of cutting and show him the ease at which the posters are moved. Of course he cuts off two more, and I kick him out. When he refuses to leave, I call the principal, and the school goes into "lock down" since the janitor has power tools.
With the way this year has gone with discipline issues, most of the dream could come to fruition next week with the exception of the "lock down." Four more days with students!!
With the way this year has gone with discipline issues, most of the dream could come to fruition next week with the exception of the "lock down." Four more days with students!!
Comments