I had been listening to a novel (Keeping Faith) by Jodi Picoult. Since I was getting a bit bored listening to it, I decided to read it and finish it today. The first Picoult book I read was My Sister's Keeper. Although it's not my in my list of top ten, I did find the book intriguing. It seems her books are a "hit" with book clubs because I've read three for various book clubs. Keeping Faith was one of these. Before I mentioned I was a bit bored with it. This is mainly because her books seem to be the same, and the endings become predictable.
The first thing I did when I decided to read it instead of listening to it was look at the end of the book. I had in my mind how I wanted it to end, and if it didn't end that way, I wasn't going to finish it. Picoult's books tell a good story, but the character development and writing style don't do much for me. I've now read five books by Jodi Picoult (Vanishing Acts, My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, The Tenth Circle, and Keeping Faith). My plan is to keep it limited to those.
The first thing I did when I decided to read it instead of listening to it was look at the end of the book. I had in my mind how I wanted it to end, and if it didn't end that way, I wasn't going to finish it. Picoult's books tell a good story, but the character development and writing style don't do much for me. I've now read five books by Jodi Picoult (Vanishing Acts, My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, The Tenth Circle, and Keeping Faith). My plan is to keep it limited to those.
Comments