Today I realized that I truly do have a church community. I am no longer someone merely attending. This morning during prayer time I offered up prayers for my brother and dad, both of whom need to visit the doctor this week to make sure they are cancer free... Although I believe deep in my heart that both will come out with positive results, a little added prayer never hurts.
This evening I helped serve the community meal at church. It's official; I'm on underwear (boxers or briefs/bikinis or briefs) and sock duty (ankle?). Realistically this is a compliment because it's a difficult job; it's the front line for most of the guests. The new leaders realized I was really good at this or at least that's what they told me. Anyway, I digress. As I entered the dining area to help set up before the doors were opened for guests, a lady, whom I know from my church service and church book club, came up to talk to me. She was very sincere and wanted more information about my brother and father. It's wonderful to have people genuinely care.
This evening I helped serve the community meal at church. It's official; I'm on underwear (boxers or briefs/bikinis or briefs) and sock duty (ankle?). Realistically this is a compliment because it's a difficult job; it's the front line for most of the guests. The new leaders realized I was really good at this or at least that's what they told me. Anyway, I digress. As I entered the dining area to help set up before the doors were opened for guests, a lady, whom I know from my church service and church book club, came up to talk to me. She was very sincere and wanted more information about my brother and father. It's wonderful to have people genuinely care.
Comments