Magers and Quinn is my preferred bookstore. I have the number in my cell phone. When I want a book, I call and ask them to hold it for me. Typically they have what I'm looking for either in a new or used copy. With the exception of one man, the staff is helpful. Today I had to talk to the gentleman on staff whom I feel is less than helpful and less than polite. He seemed perturbed that he was going to have to take the order for a new book, so I said, "I think I've changed my mind and will order that later." It could be my imagination, but he actually sighed in relief. Since he is the only staff member whom with I have any frustrations, I will continue to buy the majority of my books with them. Recently I saved a Magers and Quinn newsletter because I am interested in reading Paulo Coehlo's new book. As I looked at it today to check on the release date, I noticed M & Q now has a blog. Do I really need anymore book ideas? Of course!
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments