Tonight after school I went to visit my friend's dog, Milo, after school. I told him (as promised) that he was smart, let him out, gave him a treat, and told him I would return after dinner to spend the night. Next I stopped home to pack my overnight bag and give my kitty some attention. As soon as I entered the door, he greeted me and started whining. I ignored it at first but it continued. While I was in the kitchen packing my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, I noticed he hadn't eaten any of his food. Since he was continuing to scream, I stopped and tried to give him some attention. He ran under the bed, so I reached in to feel his paws (very warm).
I panicked, canceled my dinner plans, and called Milo's mom, "My cat is sick..." She was very understanding and found alternate care for Milo. Not really knowing what to do, I went to buy some different food to see if new food would be enticing. Opening the windows was my next ploy to cool the apartment down and get him out from under the bed. Milo's mom also gave me the number of his vet... not helpful. With all of these changes, there was still no change in the feline, and I was feeling frustrated and helpless. Finally I realized I should check the cat box (to make sure normal bodily function had occurred throughout the day... good news).
Realizing all I could do was sit and wait, I decided to work on some grading. After I had been correcting papers and entering them in the computer for some time, I heard a noise from the kitchen. The cat was eating the normal food not the new food like nothing had happened. I crept back to my place on the floor. When he was done in the kitchen, he came and sat next to me (quietly) like nothing was wrong. His paws are still a bit warm, but he seems OK. The only thing not OK is that I cancelled all of my plans, disrupted a friend's plans, and spent hours worrying!
I panicked, canceled my dinner plans, and called Milo's mom, "My cat is sick..." She was very understanding and found alternate care for Milo. Not really knowing what to do, I went to buy some different food to see if new food would be enticing. Opening the windows was my next ploy to cool the apartment down and get him out from under the bed. Milo's mom also gave me the number of his vet... not helpful. With all of these changes, there was still no change in the feline, and I was feeling frustrated and helpless. Finally I realized I should check the cat box (to make sure normal bodily function had occurred throughout the day... good news).
Realizing all I could do was sit and wait, I decided to work on some grading. After I had been correcting papers and entering them in the computer for some time, I heard a noise from the kitchen. The cat was eating the normal food not the new food like nothing had happened. I crept back to my place on the floor. When he was done in the kitchen, he came and sat next to me (quietly) like nothing was wrong. His paws are still a bit warm, but he seems OK. The only thing not OK is that I cancelled all of my plans, disrupted a friend's plans, and spent hours worrying!
Comments