Friday I was excited about the warm weather. I was so excited that I removed my jeans from my overnight bag and added shorts, bad idea. Anyway, Friday morning while I was talking with an eco friendly friend/colleague, I mentioned how it was time to paint my toenails which had been polish free since November. She mentioned that she is going polish free because of the formaldehyde. Oh! This has caused me stress for 36 hours. I have looked online to find green alternatives. I have always painted my nails. The idea of spending a summer with naked nails didn't seem like much of an alternatve. The peel off alternative didn't seem like much of an alternative. The brand that advertised all day color didn't seem like much of an alternative. I began to think maybe "green" nails wasn't for me.
Tonight I tried searching again. Maybe Treehugger.com could help me. How to Green Women's Personal Health Care is the article that I found to begin my search. Let me tell you item number ten (menstrual cups) is disgusting to me. I will NEVER be that earth friendly.
Another article proved my green friend's anti-polish stance, so I continued looking. I found one product that was $18.00. Earth friendly or not, I am not spending $18.00 for a bottle of nail poish. I did find two that might be worth trying WaterColors and Suncoat. The ingredient list for both is similar: water, water-miscible acrylic, polyurethane formers and thickeners, non-ionic soaps. May contain: ultramarine blue, carmine, mica, iron oxides, and/or titanium dioxide. This may be worth purchasing a bottle of each brand. Has anyone tried such a product? What about polish remover? I need to do research on this too! I would love to have any advice or suggestions.
My gratitude list for today:
1) incredible fog this am (1/2 block visibility)
2) time to talk with high school friend
3) time spent with Dad and conversation with Michael
Tonight I tried searching again. Maybe Treehugger.com could help me. How to Green Women's Personal Health Care is the article that I found to begin my search. Let me tell you item number ten (menstrual cups) is disgusting to me. I will NEVER be that earth friendly.
Another article proved my green friend's anti-polish stance, so I continued looking. I found one product that was $18.00. Earth friendly or not, I am not spending $18.00 for a bottle of nail poish. I did find two that might be worth trying WaterColors and Suncoat. The ingredient list for both is similar: water, water-miscible acrylic, polyurethane formers and thickeners, non-ionic soaps. May contain: ultramarine blue, carmine, mica, iron oxides, and/or titanium dioxide. This may be worth purchasing a bottle of each brand. Has anyone tried such a product? What about polish remover? I need to do research on this too! I would love to have any advice or suggestions.
My gratitude list for today:
1) incredible fog this am (1/2 block visibility)
2) time to talk with high school friend
3) time spent with Dad and conversation with Michael
Comments