I will have to admit from the end of February to the beginning of April is my second favorite sports season (fall and professional football still ranks number one). Yesterday I spent the afternoon and evening enjoying college basketball and listening to announcers banter back and forth about which four teams will have one seeds. Living in Minnesota during this time of the year is aggravating. Last night instead of showing the Big XII women's final game, Fox Sports North showed some hockey game. The ISU vs. OU game was rebroadcasted at 3am. Although I did contemplate setting my alarm to get up and watch the game, I videotaped it. My intention was to stay away from ESPN and ESPN.com, so I didn't know the score. This was impossible since I wanted to watch other games. Even though I know the final score, I am watching the game without commercials as I post. Besides I want to hear what the announcers have to say about Iowa State. Do you think if I wear an ISU sweatshirt, it will change the score? Later this afternoon I will be able to watch the Big XII men's final followed by the "Selection Show" this evening. All of this will happen with my window cracked, so I can enjoy the sounds of spring (birds chirping and water dripping). March Madness ensues.
My gratitude list for today:
1) conversations about peace at church
2) warm weather and the opportunity to open a window
3) NCAA basketball
My gratitude list for today:
1) conversations about peace at church
2) warm weather and the opportunity to open a window
3) NCAA basketball
Comments