Green shouldn't merely be reserved for St. Patrick's Day. Yesterday I bought a new TV (not green) and left my old one (sound problems) next to the dumpster with the remote taped on top (green- reuse). This morning the TV was gone, and another set was left in its place. After I purchased my TV yesterday, I had a long monologue with my father about our throw away society. No one makes a TV to be fixed. They are made to be thrown out. The current microwave I use is twenty years old. Today I could buy one cheap, but I can guarantee it wouldn't last twenty years. Any electronic device follows the same notion.
This afternoon I used the remainder of the packing peanuts I had been saving to pack a package (to be sent later). As I was pouring the peanuts into the box, I realized in the future I would stick to adding popped popcorn if I didn't have anything saved from a box shipped to me. After I packed the box, I opened the refrigerator to get a piece of pizza left over from last night. It was packaged in a large styrofoam container. Would someone please explain to me why the restaurants don't use aluminum foil (more green than styrofoam)? It seems it would be not only more green, but it would also save room in restaurants (and landfills). Why is it so difficult for America (the World?) to think green?
My gratitude list for today:
1) bright orange sunrise
2) my realtor and her prompt reply
3) time to watch Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy
This afternoon I used the remainder of the packing peanuts I had been saving to pack a package (to be sent later). As I was pouring the peanuts into the box, I realized in the future I would stick to adding popped popcorn if I didn't have anything saved from a box shipped to me. After I packed the box, I opened the refrigerator to get a piece of pizza left over from last night. It was packaged in a large styrofoam container. Would someone please explain to me why the restaurants don't use aluminum foil (more green than styrofoam)? It seems it would be not only more green, but it would also save room in restaurants (and landfills). Why is it so difficult for America (the World?) to think green?
My gratitude list for today:
1) bright orange sunrise
2) my realtor and her prompt reply
3) time to watch Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy
Comments