This afternoon after Dad and I had a wonderful time with 6,000 other ISU fans in The Barn (poor facility compared to Hilton!), we went to my condo sales office. Since I received a survey to fill out (took ten minutes) and return to the office for a twenty dollar Target card, we stopped by the office. It also seemed like a good opportunity to show Dad the model.
First of all, they did not have the cards. Second, the update on sales was less than impressive. Out of the 72 units, they probably only have 18 sold. When I purchased the condo, I was told that I would move in winter (Jan-Mar) of 2008. Today I was told that construction doesn't start until 50% of the units are sold (I knew this). When I asked if they still planned on the same move in period, the answer was shocking. Construction will be finished ten months (so they say) after 36 units are sold. They still have 18 left to sell. It looks like my move in date will be fall of 2008 (1 1/2 years from now).
Of course I was a bit disappointed. After giving it some thought, I realized it would be OK since I really need to save more money, and this would be a great opportunity. Since I have a fine apartment and love my current location, it will be fine waiting longer. I, however, am NOT happy with the communication. When I first signed papers, I was told I would be making selections in a month. Now it looks like I will be making selections this fall, so I can move in a year later. Although everything will work out, I expect better communication. The first thing I did was call my realtor. We'll see what she has to say on Monday.
My gratitude list for today:
1) spending time with Dad
2) fun and fantical ISU fans (plus ISU win)
3) 45 minute afternoon nap
First of all, they did not have the cards. Second, the update on sales was less than impressive. Out of the 72 units, they probably only have 18 sold. When I purchased the condo, I was told that I would move in winter (Jan-Mar) of 2008. Today I was told that construction doesn't start until 50% of the units are sold (I knew this). When I asked if they still planned on the same move in period, the answer was shocking. Construction will be finished ten months (so they say) after 36 units are sold. They still have 18 left to sell. It looks like my move in date will be fall of 2008 (1 1/2 years from now).
Of course I was a bit disappointed. After giving it some thought, I realized it would be OK since I really need to save more money, and this would be a great opportunity. Since I have a fine apartment and love my current location, it will be fine waiting longer. I, however, am NOT happy with the communication. When I first signed papers, I was told I would be making selections in a month. Now it looks like I will be making selections this fall, so I can move in a year later. Although everything will work out, I expect better communication. The first thing I did was call my realtor. We'll see what she has to say on Monday.
My gratitude list for today:
1) spending time with Dad
2) fun and fantical ISU fans (plus ISU win)
3) 45 minute afternoon nap
Comments