Most of the time I have nothing important to say. Thursday as my students were all excited about getting out early, they all had the same question, "Do you think we will have school tomorrow?"
"The snow is supposed to stop in the middle of the night which will give the plows time to clear the streets. My guess is we will have school tomorrow," I started. With more intensity I added, "I am 99% sure we will have school tomorrow, but on the 1% chance we don't have school tomorrow, make sure you take this assignment home. It is DUE on MONDAY!"
This was actually a good piece of advice considering when I sat down to figure out my plans for the next week I realized much of what I need is still at school :(
"The snow is supposed to stop in the middle of the night which will give the plows time to clear the streets. My guess is we will have school tomorrow," I started. With more intensity I added, "I am 99% sure we will have school tomorrow, but on the 1% chance we don't have school tomorrow, make sure you take this assignment home. It is DUE on MONDAY!"
This was actually a good piece of advice considering when I sat down to figure out my plans for the next week I realized much of what I need is still at school :(
Comments