I have the unique ability to say what I'm thinking even when I shouldn't say anything. This morning was no different. As J was throwing mini candy bars in the air, I blurted out, "Now all of you have gotten on my last nerve." Of course I modified it by saying all but L. This caused the final team member to go on the defensive. Since she was shocked, I gave a list of my annoyances. Yes, I know; I shouldn't have said anything. If you can't say anything nice... My list caused my fellow staff member to suggest that she changes places with another teacher. Of course I could've said that I didn't want that to happen, but this was the time I chose to keep my mouth shut and continued with school business. Besides, inside I was thinking, "Don't get my hopes up!"
Earlier in the day, my principal also got my hopes up. I was asking about the chances of conferences being canceled tomorrow evening because of the impending snow storm. He hinted at the fact that school could be canceled tomorrow. Honestly I know better since I've taught in this district for some time, but he had good arguments. For example, he mentioned that it would be crazy to bus all of the students to school if we couldn't get them home. Who knows? This evening when I go to bed, I'll make sure my phone is near my bed, so I can answer tomorrow and call my fellow teachers to inform them that school has been canceled.
My gratitude list for today:
1) Belinda talking about the impending snow storm
2) hopes and dreams
3) quiet students staying after school
Earlier in the day, my principal also got my hopes up. I was asking about the chances of conferences being canceled tomorrow evening because of the impending snow storm. He hinted at the fact that school could be canceled tomorrow. Honestly I know better since I've taught in this district for some time, but he had good arguments. For example, he mentioned that it would be crazy to bus all of the students to school if we couldn't get them home. Who knows? This evening when I go to bed, I'll make sure my phone is near my bed, so I can answer tomorrow and call my fellow teachers to inform them that school has been canceled.
My gratitude list for today:
1) Belinda talking about the impending snow storm
2) hopes and dreams
3) quiet students staying after school
Comments