Yesterday I went with a friend to visit a sweet three year old. She had a "gratitude rock." Today as I sat through my progressive church service and listened to a woman speak of the history of women's place in the church, I realized perhaps I need a gratitude rock. I take many things for granted such as how women throughout history have worked to give me the rights I have today. It is easy for my to get frustrated reading/listening to the news. It seems ignorance abounds. Maybe it is better to focus on gratitude.
I am thankful for the results (most) of the last election and the stance the country took with their vote.
I am thankful that it most cases knowledge still defeats ignorance.
I am thankful for the power of people and the power of words.
I am thankful that I can make small changes.
A few years back I kept a gratitude journal. The students in my prime time are writing down three things gratitudes per day. For Lent instead of giving something up, I am going to add something to my day... three items of gratitude. I'll start early with my list of three for today. 1) brisk walk around the lake 2) supportive church community 3) time to relax and ignore my obligations... the ability to keep the school work in the bag
I am thankful for the results (most) of the last election and the stance the country took with their vote.
I am thankful that it most cases knowledge still defeats ignorance.
I am thankful for the power of people and the power of words.
I am thankful that I can make small changes.
A few years back I kept a gratitude journal. The students in my prime time are writing down three things gratitudes per day. For Lent instead of giving something up, I am going to add something to my day... three items of gratitude. I'll start early with my list of three for today. 1) brisk walk around the lake 2) supportive church community 3) time to relax and ignore my obligations... the ability to keep the school work in the bag
Comments