It seemed when I was younger I attended more funerals than I do now. When I went to my grandfather's funeral, looking at the open casket was so upsetting, I had to walk home. Today I felt the same sick feeling as I glanced briefly at the body. Open caskets literally make me sick to my stomach. In my opinion, the body never looks like the person. I struggle every time then regret I looked.
As I probably mentioned before, I prayed for God to take Anna home, but now it seems strange that she won't be around to visit. Today I learned I was correct in the assumption that my card made it to her before her passing. When I realized I would need to take personal days to attend the funeral, I debated attending. Deep in my heart I knew it would be something I would always regret if I didn't go. Today I'm glad I took the time to come home and say goodbye. Yesterday I contemplated returning tonight after the funeral. At 5:45 I know I wouldn't feel comfortable making the drive home. I'm tired and feel a bit weepy.
As I probably mentioned before, I prayed for God to take Anna home, but now it seems strange that she won't be around to visit. Today I learned I was correct in the assumption that my card made it to her before her passing. When I realized I would need to take personal days to attend the funeral, I debated attending. Deep in my heart I knew it would be something I would always regret if I didn't go. Today I'm glad I took the time to come home and say goodbye. Yesterday I contemplated returning tonight after the funeral. At 5:45 I know I wouldn't feel comfortable making the drive home. I'm tired and feel a bit weepy.
Comments