My devotional for last night said, "Go outside, whatever the weather. Bundle up if it's cold... Look around you and take specific note of five things of beauty created by God for you to enjoy..." Since I read my Bible and devotions before bed, I didn't jump out of bed to go outside and witness God's beauty. This morning on my walk I remembered the words and started taking a closer look (listen and touch) of my surroundings.
"Five Things of Beauty Created by God"
1) evergreens still green against the white backround with intermittent patches of white snow
2) blanket of clean white snow covering the lake and sidewalks
3) the crunch of the snow mixture under my feet
4) bare branches of trees wearing a coating of snow
5) snow pinging against my face then melting
snow clinging to my hair and clothing
My gratitude list for today:
1) the beauty of the snow
2) fellowship with a small group in church
3) bounding through the snow to get to the lake
Comments