Today is Ash Wednesday the beginning of Lent. This Lenten season I am not going to relinquish anything although I had thought of soda. My Lenten plan is to enhance. I will enhance my church giving, and I will enhance my days with my list of gratitudes. Personally Lent will start tonight with the Ash Wednesday service. When I was younger, I was always jealous of the Catholics who could walk around all day with the smudge of ash on the forehead. Last year was the first year I had the smudge of ash. It reminds me of the importance of my Christian beliefs. Tonight as the pastor places ash on my forehead I will be reminded that I was born from dust and to dust I will return. As I am posting, it is cloudy and grey with a sliver of sun shining through. With perfect imagary, the Lenten season has begun.
My gratitude list for today:
1) the imagery outside (clouds with a sliver of sun)
2) leftovers
3) T from the gym who always is bright and cheery at 5:45 am
My gratitude list for today:
1) the imagery outside (clouds with a sliver of sun)
2) leftovers
3) T from the gym who always is bright and cheery at 5:45 am
Comments