Last night I found out that Anna passed away. Anna has always been a wonderful grandmother to me. It's amazing how many times I've prayed to God to take Anna to heaven. She has outlived her husband and all of her children with the exception of one. Even though I know Anna is in a better (much better) place, it was still difficult to hear and comprehend the news.
A year or two ago she was placed in a nursing home. She missed her home immensely and had a few afternoon trips to check on her lawn. Soon she was no longer able to take those trips home. I would cut daffodils from her garden and bring them to her. She was always so pleased and proud of her flowers. Each time I visited she would ask about her house and lawn.
At the beginning of her stay she was able to have her sewing machine which enabled her to work on quilts and various projects for her many grand and great grand children. I am blessed to have some of her projects. The nursing home had rules with her sewing machine and scissors based as much on the other patients. She loved having her sewing machine and material around her; plus, it gave her more to do.
Lately, it was more difficult for her to talk, and it would take longer for her to recognize me. She always asked about me, my brother, and Holly when I visited. It was important that she tell me what great kids my brother and I were when we were little. Not everyone in our neighborhood would agree, but Anna was pleased to have us across the street. When I visited in January, she wasn't doing well. I even mentioned to Dad that it was getting more difficult to visit. Last week I sent her a Valentine's Day card early. Even though I can't say why I sent it so early, it may have been one of the last cards she received.
A year or two ago she was placed in a nursing home. She missed her home immensely and had a few afternoon trips to check on her lawn. Soon she was no longer able to take those trips home. I would cut daffodils from her garden and bring them to her. She was always so pleased and proud of her flowers. Each time I visited she would ask about her house and lawn.
At the beginning of her stay she was able to have her sewing machine which enabled her to work on quilts and various projects for her many grand and great grand children. I am blessed to have some of her projects. The nursing home had rules with her sewing machine and scissors based as much on the other patients. She loved having her sewing machine and material around her; plus, it gave her more to do.
Lately, it was more difficult for her to talk, and it would take longer for her to recognize me. She always asked about me, my brother, and Holly when I visited. It was important that she tell me what great kids my brother and I were when we were little. Not everyone in our neighborhood would agree, but Anna was pleased to have us across the street. When I visited in January, she wasn't doing well. I even mentioned to Dad that it was getting more difficult to visit. Last week I sent her a Valentine's Day card early. Even though I can't say why I sent it so early, it may have been one of the last cards she received.
Comments