Even though I wasn't tired this morning, I had a difficult time getting out of my comfy covers. When I did my apartment seemed cold as it always does leaving my warm bed. After my walk and trip to the grocery store, my apartment still seemed quite cold. Getting into the shower was freezing. Stepping out of the shower was frost bite. I decided to grab the air conditioner remote, not because I needed to use it, because a thermometer is part of the remote. It read 64º. This is not OK.
Getting assistance was more complicated than I had imagined. At first it looked easy; the building manager was entering his apartment as I went to get my mail contemplating whom to call. He came over and turned the zone valve to manual. Easy? Of course not! We spent the next 45 minutes conversing about everything from the apartment to sports. Plus I still need to call to get maintenance to fix the problem next week. My apartment is now at 67º. This is not OK, but it is better.
My gratitude list for today:
1) purple tulips and candles
2) calls from V, D, and Dad
3) nowhere to go in the ice mixture
Comments