This afternoon I was talking to a friend on the phone. We were discussing the blog of someone we both know. My friend asked, "Why does she have a blog?" The question was innocent and of true interest. She mentioned someone who travels and has a blog. This made sense to her because it chronicles the travels. I mentioned I have a blog and felt the need to explain.
My explanation included the following: a chance to write daily (plus knowing where the journal is to write in), tell stories I might not typically have in conversation, and some friends read it daily. In reality it's a good question. After I thought about it I realized it's also a place to vent and post silly pictures. The reality is I'm not sure why I have a blog. I really enjoy reading other blogs, and I hope mine is entertaining to others. Actually, if it's not, it still entertains me and makes me reflect on my day.
My explanation included the following: a chance to write daily (plus knowing where the journal is to write in), tell stories I might not typically have in conversation, and some friends read it daily. In reality it's a good question. After I thought about it I realized it's also a place to vent and post silly pictures. The reality is I'm not sure why I have a blog. I really enjoy reading other blogs, and I hope mine is entertaining to others. Actually, if it's not, it still entertains me and makes me reflect on my day.
Comments