Tonight I stopped by Wild Rumpus to pick up a book I had placed on hold. As I was asked if I needed a gift receipt or gift wrapping, I replied, "No, it is for me." Next the clerk reached for a bag for my book, and I told her, "I don't need a bag."
"How politically correct, " she answered.
Politically correct? How is not taking a bag politically correct? I was a bit annoyed. The more I thought about it, the more annoyed I became. Politically correct has become a term such as liberal. It is used negatively. Is it politically correct to care about the environment? Well, I suppose caring about the environment is politically correct, but I would never have put it in that category. I'm not really sure why one would even comment when someone didn't take the bag. Afterall, I was actually saving pennies for the company. Politically correct? It's environmentally conscience, or maybe it's just not being wasteful.
"How politically correct, " she answered.
Politically correct? How is not taking a bag politically correct? I was a bit annoyed. The more I thought about it, the more annoyed I became. Politically correct has become a term such as liberal. It is used negatively. Is it politically correct to care about the environment? Well, I suppose caring about the environment is politically correct, but I would never have put it in that category. I'm not really sure why one would even comment when someone didn't take the bag. Afterall, I was actually saving pennies for the company. Politically correct? It's environmentally conscience, or maybe it's just not being wasteful.
Comments