Today it's not even last block, and I sit with palms over my eyes cradling my head in the computer lab as students type.
"Is teaching really that hard?" a student earnestly asks.
"Sometimes," I mutter.
"Mrs. P does this," he says and shows me how she pinches the bridge of her nose.
"Mrs. P sometimes has migraines, " I explain.
My guess is most teachers would not realize that this little skate punk is observant and caring. He is the same young man who picked up trash in the hallway and gave it to me, so it could be thrown away. I like him more every day. Maybe I just needed to get to know him.
"Is teaching really that hard?" a student earnestly asks.
"Sometimes," I mutter.
"Mrs. P does this," he says and shows me how she pinches the bridge of her nose.
"Mrs. P sometimes has migraines, " I explain.
My guess is most teachers would not realize that this little skate punk is observant and caring. He is the same young man who picked up trash in the hallway and gave it to me, so it could be thrown away. I like him more every day. Maybe I just needed to get to know him.
Comments