
Today at church a friendly reminder (We have 50 more angels than we had planned.) prompted me to grab an angel and go shopping. I will admit that I perused the angels until I found one that only required a trip to a bookstore and/or K-Mart. As I perused the angels, a little girl and her mom were searching for their angel. "Should we find an angel for a little girl your age?" the mom questioned her daughter. Since I had just seen a 2 1/2 year old girl and figured it was the approximate age of the girl scanning the bottom of the tree for her favorite color (red), I handed the angel off to the mother who was quite pleased.
I chose a twelve year old girl who wanted "educational games." How could I turn down this one? The angel says the gifts should be between $25 and $30. My receipts totaled $37. In my defense, I purchased a book which was not technically an "educational game." Since it was a gift that wasn't really wanted, I thought it would be OK. With thoughts of getting gifts I don't particulary like or want, I also included the gift receipts. Christmas is difficult for so many families, so I wrapped each of the four items separately then placed them in a box and wrapped it! My hope is it adds a little excitement to Rochelles' Christmas.
Comments