Today George gave the Medal of Honor to the family of a young man killed in Iraq. Does anyone think the Medal of Honor makes up for a life?
On KARE 11 tonight a young veteran spoke to people/students in his hometown. He mentioned that although he knew many people were not behind the war, they were behind the warriors. I agree with this statement.
When a negative ad saying _______ (can't remember who) would think about reinstating the draft was used during the election, I was shocked. No one wants the draft reinstated, but I understand the sentiment. My guess is most of the young men and young women sent oversees to Iraq are from a low socio-economic background. A draft would ensure that the millionaire's sons/daughters are fighting along side the people who look at the armed forces as their only option.
Veteran's Day should be a day to remember those who fought for our country. It should also remind us that going to war is a very serious endeavor.
Keith Olberman talked about George's reasons for going to war the night before the election. The man is brilliant. I even needed to use my dictionary when I finished reading his text as I listened to the video.
On KARE 11 tonight a young veteran spoke to people/students in his hometown. He mentioned that although he knew many people were not behind the war, they were behind the warriors. I agree with this statement.
When a negative ad saying _______ (can't remember who) would think about reinstating the draft was used during the election, I was shocked. No one wants the draft reinstated, but I understand the sentiment. My guess is most of the young men and young women sent oversees to Iraq are from a low socio-economic background. A draft would ensure that the millionaire's sons/daughters are fighting along side the people who look at the armed forces as their only option.
Veteran's Day should be a day to remember those who fought for our country. It should also remind us that going to war is a very serious endeavor.
Keith Olberman talked about George's reasons for going to war the night before the election. The man is brilliant. I even needed to use my dictionary when I finished reading his text as I listened to the video.
Comments