I can summarize my day with two incidents. Although these two incidents will leave out details such as the student who threatened, with the tough guy chest out, another student in my class (by saying, "...I'll fuck you up.") or the card with extremely kind handwritten words and candy bar left on my chair, they will show the highs and lows. Maybe I've already described the highs and lows. I was actually thinking about two events that sandwiched my day of work.
I didn't purchase gas on my way to work this morning even though my "gas light" came on because it was too cold. Ater work I needed to stop for gas because the light had been on since I left for work. When I filled up, gas was ten cents more expensive than it had been when I needed gas this morning. This is was the low.
I stopped in my principal's office after school to get a form signed (extra pay for a special assignment), and he told me my team needed to write more referrals. Yes, he told me my team should write more referrals. I've NEVER had a principal mention that more referrals should be written. Usually administration is too concerned with "how it will look" if too many referrals are written. My team does an extraordinary job at taking care of discipline problems instead of writing referrals. We take care of it, so the administration doesn't need to spend the time. Our principal actually wants us to send our "heavy hitters" to administration. This is was the high.
I didn't purchase gas on my way to work this morning even though my "gas light" came on because it was too cold. Ater work I needed to stop for gas because the light had been on since I left for work. When I filled up, gas was ten cents more expensive than it had been when I needed gas this morning. This is was the low.
I stopped in my principal's office after school to get a form signed (extra pay for a special assignment), and he told me my team needed to write more referrals. Yes, he told me my team should write more referrals. I've NEVER had a principal mention that more referrals should be written. Usually administration is too concerned with "how it will look" if too many referrals are written. My team does an extraordinary job at taking care of discipline problems instead of writing referrals. We take care of it, so the administration doesn't need to spend the time. Our principal actually wants us to send our "heavy hitters" to administration. This is was the high.
Comments