Today I decided to "peel" the pomegranate I bought. A friend has brought me some for lunch several days. The seeds are wonderful. I am quite pleased I know what the seeds looked like before I took on the task of retrieving them from the outer shell. J and H both have given me tips into the process. Basically they both told me to peel the outer layer and pick the seeds out of the inner membrane. I will admit I was hesitant when I started, but it was actually quite easy. My major dilemma was the juice squirting out from the seeds. The staining capability of pomegranate juice is not lost on me. My new shoes have a small stain from spilling juice earlier this year. It still amazed me as I was cleaning from todays pomegranate. I cleaned spots on the wall, counter, dishes, anything in the area after I had all the seeds in a container. When I enter my kitchen later today, I'm sure I'll still find reddish purple spots of pomegrante.
BTW after I was done, I looked up "How to peel a pomegrate" on google. If I would have looked at this site prior to today's excavation of seeds, I probably would have been more overwhelmed.
BTW after I was done, I looked up "How to peel a pomegrate" on google. If I would have looked at this site prior to today's excavation of seeds, I probably would have been more overwhelmed.
Comments