
My dad left this morning, so he could get back home in time to shoot (archery) Bambi or perhaps Bambi's father. I decided to run a couple of errands, but I couldn't locate my remote for the garage door opener. I searched the house and even retraced our earlier steps around the neighborhood to find it. After searching for thirty minutes I called Dad to see if he had any ideas on the remote's location. He suggested the cup holders (in the car) where I typically keep the remote. I tried to explain that my car was in the garage and the door was closed therefore the remote was outside of the vehicle and garage. He was no help. After looking through my apartment one more time, I remembered that I had taken the garbage out after we finished breakfast. With no other choice, I went to the dumpster. Of course I was the only one to use the dumpster since it was emptied this morning, my bags were at the bottom. I piled some boxes which were outside of the dumpster, so I could lean over and grab my bags. Even though I was repulsed, I didn't see any other option. After several minutes of trying and leaning over the side, I was able to grab my garbage. Both bags were opened and gone through, piece by piece... no opener. Frantic I called Dad again and asked him to pull over, look through his bags, and call me back while I kept looking through the house and retracing my steps. I checked everything I had been wearing at least four times! Suddenly I remembered I had been wearing a jacket;( Of course that was the location of the remote. It was in the pocket of the jacket which was hanging up in the closet. I called Dad back to let him know I had found my remote and was off to run some errands.
Comments