
It wasn't until I looked at Treehugger.com this morning that I realized yesterday was "Buy Nothing Day" In my opininion not buying anything yesterday wouldn't really accommplish anything. The important thing probably is buying less during the holiday season. I am guilty of buying more than I should each holiday season. This year I probably have done better since I am trying to save money for my new condo. For example, some people at work will not be getting the small (or any) gifts from me this season. My only lapse in trying to purchase less this year came with my brother and Holly, but they deserve to open some small fun things as well as the gifts requested on their lists. Overall, I fairly proud of minimizing my spending and amount purchased. I am also quite thrilled that I did 90% from my living room, used only one "big box" store, and paid little for shipping! The best news is that I am basically finished with my shopping. All I need to do now is wait for the packages to be delivered, wrap them, and take them to the post office.
Comments