Although I'm not finding much reading time, I am reading Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope. I read his first book. At the time I said, "He will never be president because he is a black (mixed) man who admits to using drugs." It has been two or three years since I read the first book, but my opinion has changed. My current opinion is that Barack Obama could actually be the first black President.
Today I read a book review for The Audacity of Hope. Although I don't necessarily agree with the entire review, I do agree with most. I feel the same way about Obama in the role of President. It would be wonderful to see the first black President, and I am a fan of having a Democrat in the White House. My concern is that he is not as progressive (liberal) as I would like. The advantage of this is he might be able to unite the country.
Take time to read the review. You might want to follow up by reading the book. I hope soon to be finished with my copy. When I am finished, I would be willing to share.
Today I read a book review for The Audacity of Hope. Although I don't necessarily agree with the entire review, I do agree with most. I feel the same way about Obama in the role of President. It would be wonderful to see the first black President, and I am a fan of having a Democrat in the White House. My concern is that he is not as progressive (liberal) as I would like. The advantage of this is he might be able to unite the country.
Take time to read the review. You might want to follow up by reading the book. I hope soon to be finished with my copy. When I am finished, I would be willing to share.
Comments
I put this book on my Christmas list. I'm anxious to read it. Let me know what you thought.
Katie