I actually got up at 5am when my alarm went off and made it to the gym. Of course T let me know she was worried something had happened to me. My explanation wasn't that good, but it was the truth. Since I had maintained my weight and body fat percentage for the last three weeks, it was difficult to get out of bed when it is cold and dark outside. The alarm clock excuse didn't enter our conversation because that wasn't really set in reality. I also explained that work has been extremely difficult this year. She was a bit humored when I explained that I had set my alarm at least three days a week and still wasn't getting out of bad. When she asked what made me get up today to work out, I was sad to admit the truth. The truth is I felt a bit tired after my walks around the lake this weekend. The truth is that even though I am not gaining any weight I am also not helping my heart and lungs any, and at my age I really need to take care of my health. When I exercise, I feel a ton better! Although I used some muscles today that haven't moved for awhile, I still was glad I got out of bed and went to the gym. I am also glad that I am missed when I am gone.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments