Skip to main content

Minnesota Internship Center (FBC #39)


On Sunday we were told about high school classes that were moving into our church (Hennepin Avenue Methodist Church).  It is a program for high school students.  Many of these students are homeless and transient.  We were asked to take a name (I took two) and pray for these students.  Each night I pray for them before I go to bed.  Sometimes my prayers have brought questions to my mind, mainly about the school.  Do they get breakfast and lunch?  Are the teachers prepared to teach?  Last night while I was at a church meeting, I asked some of these questions.  My pastor wasn't sure, but I knew she was interested and wanted to help because she wrote down the questions.  At this point, I was moved to volunteer.  I asked her to pass on my name (and credentials) and said that I would teach/volunteer on the days when they were in session while my school was not in session.  Once again, I prayed for these two students last night.  I also said thanks for the ministry of my church. 

Feel free to pray for Raymond and Shanell with me (or pass thoughts through the universe).  Extra thoughts never hurt.

Comments

LH said…
With you on their team, they're going to have some bright times ahead.